1-MILE FUN RUN – 8:00 AM
5-MILE RUN / WALK – 8:30 AM
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Both races start and finish at St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School
4114 Oxford Avenue – Just off Ortega Boulevard
hg0088管理端for the past 42 years, the st. mark’s campus has been home to the ascension st. vincent's ortega river run. hosted by first place sports as a grand prix sanctioned event, this is a great event for the whole family! proceeds benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at the school.
Race Route and Features
- Run the historic 42-year course over bridges and along tree-lined streets!
- Medals given to all registered 1-mile finishers and a collector medal to the first 2,000 5-mile finishers.
- Shirts for all one-mile and five-mile runners. You must pick up at designated locations prior to race day to guarantee shirt availability.
- Large and lively family street fair at start/finish with food, activities, giveaways, and special guests.
- Strollers welcome (must start at back of race).
Start: Both races start from the same location in front of the school on Ortega Boulevard. The 5-mile race will have 2,000+ runners and walkers participating. Please line up according to your ability. No children on the front line in the 5-mile race. Dogs are not permitted; strollers must be at the end of the race.
Directions to the Race Site
- From the South: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) north from I-295 five miles to Ortega Blvd., which is located one block north of Timuquana Rd., on the right. The school is about three miles on your left.
- From the North: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) south from I-10 six miles. Turn left on Columbus Circle, turn right onto Baltic Street. Continue around Cortez Park – taking the third right onto Oxford Avenue.
Photos and Videos
hg0088管理端a spaghetti dinner is available for dine-in or take-out during the packet pickup at st. mark’s episcopal day school on friday, february 28, from 4:30-7:00 pm. cost is $8 per dinner and can be added to your race payment or you can pay at the door. dinner includes spaghetti casserole, salad, garlic bread, and beverage.
Race packets will be available for pick-up at the location designated on your registration form on Thursday (only), February 27 from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
1st Place Sports locations:
3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville
2018 San Marco Boulevard, Jacksonville
9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville
all unclaimed packets at 1st place sports locations will be moved to st. mark's episcopal day school (the race site) for pick-up on either friday, february 28 from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm or on race morning from 6:30 am until race start.
Registrants who wait until race morning to pick-up will not be guaranteed a t-shirt. All St. Mark's Episcopal Day School students and employees who register by Friday, February 21 will receive shirts and race numbers at school by Thursday, February 27.
Join us at St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School from 4:30 - 7:00 PM on Friday, February 28, for spaghetti and race packet pick-up!hg0088管理端 Pre-pay for your spaghetti dinner during registration or click .
- 10 & under
- 75 & over